Leupold VX-3 CDS™ models allow you to quickly dial your elevation to different sight-in ranges with a custom adjustment matched to your specific ballistics information. The CDS dials change out easily, allowing you flexibility with different loads, conditions and calibers. Every CDS dial features ¼-MOA click increment finger adjustments and no adjustment covers to lose, making the VX-3 even more accurate and rugged. How the CDS™ System Works The CDS System works by laser-inscribing your scope’s elevation dial to match your load, velocity and conditions. Your scope will be in perfect synch with the way your rifle and load shoots, even for hand loads. Each CDS dial is unique, taking all practical ballistic and environmental factors into account:
- Cartridge & Caliber
- Bullet Weight
- Bullet Make/Brand
- Bullet Type
- Ballistic Coefficient
- Muzzle Velocity
- Average Elevation
- Average Temperature
- Quickly dial in elevation to different sight-in ranges.
- Swap dials quickly by loosening set screws.
- Match dials with specific loads for maximum accuracy.
- Precision ¼-MOA click increment adjustment.
- No adjustment covers to lose.
- One revolution stops available for custom dials.
- Use in tandem with Leupold’s RX rangefinder family for unmatched long-range precision.
CDS Dials available on:
CDS dials may also be fitted to most Leupold riflescope models through the Leupold Custom Shop. Call 1‑800‑LEUPOLD for details.
Every VX-3 CDS riflescope comes out of the box with standard ¼-MOA click adjustment dials. Also included is a coupon and instructions for redeeming a free CDS dial:
- Contact Leupold‘s product experts at 1-800-LEUPOLD* with your coupon code, ballistics details and shipping information. Even if you don’t know your exact ballistics, Leupold’s experts will help you determine what will work best for your load and caliber.
- From now through December 31st you can order up to two free CDS dials with each CDS riflescope purchase. Additional dials may be ordered at any time for $59.99 each.
- Leupold’s Custom Shop will laser-engrave CDS dials matched to your specifications.
- After receiving your CDS dials, a simple set screw adjustment is all that is needed to swap between dials.