FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS -(February 22, 2011) Umarex USA, one of the fastest growing sporting gun companies in the United States, introduced at SHOT Show, the Regent R100 pistol, a 1911 A1 style pistol chambered in .45 ACP. The pistol, introduced on the 100-year anniversary of the original M1911 pistol, has been specifically engineered for precision, durability, and accuracy.
The steel investment cast frame gives the Regent the weight of the originalM1911, while the 7–round steel detachable magazine allows for quick reloading. The wide spur hammer, arched mainspring housing, and low cut ejection port are all designed to give maximum performance and accuracy. From the standard feature Hogue® grips to the stainless steel hammer forged barrel, the Regent is truly an outstanding value for the quality.
This Regent variant of the historic 1911 brings a very high quality version downward in price. The craftsmanship and excellent value that Umarex USA is known for in the replica gun market carries through undeniably in this pistol. Adam Blalock, Umarex USA’s CEO, praised the new introduction, saying “This 1911 introduction is exciting for us. This gun has an unmatched level of quality and workmanship for the price and this combination makes the Regent standout among the large field of 1911 45s.”
The Regent .45 ACP 1911-syle pistol is available through select distributors, local firearm dealers and some national retailers. The retail price of the pistol is competitively priced at a suggested retail of $499, which is far below similar quality M1911 variants on the market. A stainless steel version, coming later this year with a handful of different features, will have a suggested retail of $599.
Umarex was established in 1972 as “Uma Mayer Ussfeller GmbH” and served the market for tear gas and signal pistols followed by air rifles. After acquiring Reck Sportwaffen Fabrick Karl Arndt, they reorganized ultimately under Umarex. The company’s Reck PK 800 enjoys worldwide acclaim and appears on the market as the perfect replica of the Walther PPK. Umarex has now become the largest maker of replicas by offering numerous German-made air guns, tear gas, signal pistols and most recently replica firearms. Umarex USA is North America’s fastest growing airgun and replica tactical rimfire gun company. Umarex USA markets their airguns, airsoft, paintball and tactical rimfire products under famous brands such as Walther, RWS, Smith & Wesson, Browning, Heckler & Koch, Ruger®, Beretta, Colt, Magnum Research, and others.
For additional information regarding Umarex USA visit www.UmarexUSA.com.
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (January 26, 2011) — Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 159-year old firearms maker, announced today new models and extensions to its Smith & Wesson®, Thompson/Center Arms™ and Walther® firearms portfolios.
The product lineup features the debut of a new-age self-defense revolver, the Governor™, which offers multiple caliber capabilities along with a lightweight scandium alloy frame. Other new models include extensions to the company’s Military & Police (M&P) Series, Smith & Wesson Performance Center® and Custom Engraving Shop. The company also introduced a new line of Smith & Wesson 1911 pistols, the “E” Series, and an expanded Thompson/Center core black powder lineup along with the popular T/C Venture™ bolt-action rifle. Introductions to the Walther product line include the new PPQ polymer pistol in 9mm and .40 S&W along with design and styling updates to the popular P22 rimfire pistol.
Additional new models include:
Smith & Wesson
* Governor – An innovative scandium frame revolver capable of firing .45 Long Colt, .45 ACP and .410 gauge 2 ½-inch shotshells. The new six-shot revolver, with its standard front night sight and Crimson Trace® laser option, carries forward Smith & Wesson’s rich history of revolver manufacturing and dedication to the personal protection market.
* M&P Rifle Series – New state compliant M&P rifles chambered in .22 LR or 5.56 NATO along with the new M&P15 Sport™, specifically designed to address both price and function. Included in the line extensions are four M&P15 modern sporting rifle versions with factory installed bullet buttons for the California market and Realtree® APG HD® camo versions of the M&P15-22 .22 LR modern sporting rifle.
* M&P Pistol Series – New M&P pistols packaged with accessory items and threaded barrels as well as a new model designed in collaboration with Viking Tactics®. A new M&P22 pistol was also launched in the economical .22 LR caliber.
* Performance Center – Three new hunting revolvers designed by Smith & Wesson’s master gunsmiths along with a high-end M&P15-22 rifle available with or without a threaded barrel.
* Custom Engraving Shop – Two new revolver models featuring intricate machine engraving, which bring aesthetics and value to these highly sought after steel canvases.
* 1911 “E” Series – Six newly enhanced 1911 pistols machined to exacting tolerances and built with a variety of custom features. The 1911 “E” Series pistols are designed with a new precision hand-fit trigger and are available in both traditional grips and round butt models.
* T/C Venture – Economical bolt-action rifle available in five new caliber options. Each rifle is MOA (1″ groups at 100 yards) guaranteed and standard with a variety of features requested by hunters.
* T/C Venture Weather Shield® – Popular bolt-action rifle available with advanced Weather Shield finish for extra protection against the elements.
* Encore® Pro Hunter™ XT Muzzleloader – Versatile black powder rifle built as the gun for all seasons with its interchangeable barrel design and corrosion resistant Weather Shield Finish.
* PPQ Pistol – Feature-rich polymer pistol available in 9mm and .40S&W. The PPQ comes with a new quick action trigger with a crisp pull and .1″ reset. The PPQ is also standard with an ambidextrous slide lock and magazine release.
* P22 Pistol – The ever-popular .22 LR pistol has been updated with an improved grip and new slanted slide serrations to improve ergonomics and functionality.
James Debney, President of Smith & Wesson’s Firearm Division, said, “Smith & Wesson, Thompson/Center Arms and Walther have long been recognized as premier brand names in firearms. This year’s new product lineup carries forward that reputation and expands our portfolio with a number of exciting new firearms. Whether customers are focused on protection of family and home; affordable sporting firearms for hunting or the shooting range; or performance oriented products for professional use, we have a product that will meet their needs. And each delivers the quality standard customers expect from these iconic Smith & Wesson, Thompson/Center Arms and Walther brands.”
About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: SWHC) is a U.S.-based, global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport. The company designs and constructs facility perimeter security solutions for military and commercial applications, and delivers a broad portfolio of firearms and related training to the military, law enforcement and sports markets. SWHC companies include Smith & Wesson Corp., the globally recognized manufacturer of quality firearms; Universal Safety Response, a full-service perimeter security integrator, barrier manufacturer and installer; and Thompson/Center Arms Company, Inc., a premier designer and manufacturer of premium hunting firearms. SWHC facilities are located in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Tennessee. For more information on Smith & Wesson and its companies, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com; www.usrgrab.com; or www.tcarms.com.
Windham, ME – As of April 1st, firearms dealers began receiving the much anticipated Bushmaster ACR, redefining the term “modular” with the extraordinary ability to change calibers, barrel lengths and stock configurations in less than two minutes – without the use of tools. Truly the most versatile and adaptive rifle ever conceived, the ACR is a result of a collaborative effort between Bushmaster, Magpul® and Remington®. The Bushmaster ACR for the commercial market is available now in the Basic configuration and the Enhanced configuration is slated for initial shipments on May 1, 2010.
The ACR platform provides a more reliable, accurate and mission-configurable rifle utilizing our torture-tested, adjustable gas piston operating system which supports suppressed or unsuppressed firing and the ability to quickly change calibers from 5.56mm/223 Rem to 6.8mm Rem SPC. Other key design features include intuitive, ambidextrous operator controls for magazine release, bolt catch and release, fire selector and non-reciprocating charging handle. To enhance durability, the cold hammer-forged barrel system (10.5, 14.5, 16.5 and 18-inch barrel options/multiple calibers) and all action components feature our proprietary protective coating and the hand guard, lower receiver and stock are constructed from a rugged, high-impact composite.
Added to the core platform features of this fully-adaptable rifle are free-floating MIL-STD 1913 monolithic top rail for optics mounting; A2 “birdcage-type” suppressor for muzzle blast reduction; enhanced hand guard with heat shield and acceptance of rail inserts; functional lower receiver design with textured magazine well and easily-accessible, modular grip storage; A-frame style stock with rubber butt pad and sling attachment mounts; Magpul MBUS front and rear flip sights; and 30-round PMAG. All ACR components ship in an oversized, hard case with room for accessory storage.
The Enhanced version features an AAC® Blackout™ NSM Flash Hider for exceptional reduction of muzzle flash; multi-functional, three-sided aluminum hand guard with integral MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail; and folding, six-position telescoping composite stock with rubber butt pad, sling attachment mounts and 2-point push button sling.
The Bushmaster ACR for the commercial market is available now. Each configuration, Basic and Enhanced, is offered in a non-reflective, black finish or Coyote Brown finish. Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061.