Now target acquisition and illumination at night can be achieved even in the coldest of temperatures. The new incredibly bright ND-3×50 Subzero™ Long Distance Laser Designator is the most powerful Laser Genetics product yet. Equipped with an innovative unique circuitry system that enables the DPSS 532nm green laser to operate at temperatures down to 0˚ Fahrenheit, without loss of power.
The patented Rotary Optical Collimator uses a system of 9 fully multi-coated lenses that allowing full adjustment and control of the beam diameter and intensity to focus light where you need it most. Rotating the collimator to minimum, it creates a bright intense beam of green laser light visible up to 3 miles. Rotating the collimator to a more open setting it provides plenty of illumination to light a trail at night or “paint a target” at up to 500 yards.
For the most extreme and cold weather conditions, with temperatures of 40 degrees and below, we recommend using this ND-3×50 Subzero™. However if you’re spending most of your time in warmer climates of 40 degrees Fahrenheit and above, then we recommend using the ND-5® Laser Illuminator or one of the standard ND-3® Series laser designators.
Why Green Laser
Research has proven that green light is the most visible to the human eye (See Chart) and requires the least amount of eye adjustment at night. An eye that has adapted to daytime conditions generally has a maximum sensitivity around 555nm. Compared to the color red which optical spectrum is around 630 – 650nm our eye is closer to the Green region of the optical spectrum at 510 – 530nm.
ND•3 x50 Subzero – SPECIFICATIONS
- Precision machined from high tech aluminum
- Black matte anodized finish
- Fully O-Ring sealed for dust and water
- Fully Multi-Coated optical lens system
- Nitrogen charged for anti-fog
- 1” Tube adapts to multiple mounting systems
- Dimensions: 10”L X 2.35” Dia. X 1.0” Dia. Tube
- Weight: 13.68 OZ.
- Power Supply: 2 CR123A Batteries (Incl.)
- Output Power: 50mW
- Rotary optical beam collimator – allows quick adjustment of beam diameter and intensity
- 532nm (Green) Laser light frequency – easiest light for the human eye to see (See Chart)
- Amplified coherent light – most efficient light for long distance illumination
- Range: Up to 3 Miles
- 1 Year warranty
- FDA Safety Class: 2M Laser Product
<40mW 532nm CW – Certified to IEC 60825-1 Ed 2, 2007-03
Complies with FDA performance standards for laser products
except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated
June 24, 2007
WEAVER STYLE RING
1″ SCOPE MOUNT