“Anglers have accepted the web as an important tool to greatly improve the quality of their fishing experience, make them more informed and help them catch more fish,” said Mark Rubinstein, President and CEO of WFN. “Now they finally have a place to turn to, not only to learn but also to buy a wide array of WFN featured products and services in association with Amazon.com.”
Two of the features that should excite consumers are the WFN Gear section, which enables anglers to purchase WFN featured products powered by Amazon, and theWFN Explorer travel feature, which is integrated with Google maps. The WFN Gear section makes purchasing easy for consumers through the Amazon one-click feature, while sponsors can sell directly to consumers on the website through their existing Amazon accounts. For travel partners, the relationship with Google maps allows sponsors to put their message right in front of anglers when they search specific travel destinations.
Website is Both Global and Hyperlocal
Whereas most fishing websites limit their coverage to a specific species or geographic region, WorldFishingNetwork.com provides comprehensive national and regional fishing coverage. This includes in-depth coverage of freshwater and saltwater fishing from around the world, plus local fishing information on every fishing hotspot in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and beyond.
To make it easy to find local fishing information, WorldFishingNetwork.com is formatted with 11 geographic regions across North America. This allows anglers to personalize the site to easily access the important information in their area or other regions. Once a user customizes their account, the site automatically delivers relevant information.
Highlights of the all new redesigned website include:
• GEAR – Reviews from WFN experts, such as JP DeRose, host of Getting School’d. It also makes e-commerce a snap with one-click purchase for most products in association with Amazon.com.
• TRAVEL-The WFN Explorer function helps anglers find complete travel information for the world’s top fishing destinations including lodges, charters, guides, marinas and more. WFN Explorer integrates with Google maps for an easy visual interface that lets users get contact information and directions to any destination on their next fishing trip.
• NEWS – Covers the fishing industry, important conservation issues, tournament results, plus feature articles, from WFN on-air talent, fishing experts and more than a dozen fishing journalists from across North America.
• VIDEO – The largest video library of any fishing website with complete access to thousands of hours of professionally produced fishing video.
• COMMUNITY – A place for anglers to personalize their experience on the site by sharing their catches, video, tips, plus one-click connection to fishing logs, photo galleries and more. It even lets users tailor their home page for select species or geographic regions.
• ON TV – Where viewiers can turn to for information about WFN shows, program schedules, personalities, promotions and more.
• FISHING 101 – Basic fishing tips and species information for anglers of all ages and levels with a special focus on novices.
About WFN: World Fishing Network
WFN: World Fishing Network is the only 24/7 television network dedicated to all segments of fishing with programming that covers instruction, tips, tournaments, travel, food, boating, outdoor lifestyle and more. WFN’s wide-ranging programming lineup includes primetime theme nights, regional bureaus from across the nation, a selection of the best international series and the most diverse species coverage of any TV channel. Featuring popular programs hosted by the world’s top anglers, the Network also delivers a weekly news program, WFN News, and the schedule includes a variety of exclusive lifestyle shows including; Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi, Reel Fishy Jobs, Lost Lake and Getting School’d with JP DeRose. The beauty of WFN’s programming is available in 100 percent stunning High Definition. WFN’s multimedia platform includes a mobile portal, WFN fishing app for the iPhone and a new website, www.WorldFishingNetwork.com.
Originally launched in December 2005, today WFN and WFN HD are available in more than 20 million households through North American cable, satellite and telecommunications distributors. For more information, visit www.WorldFishingNetwork.com.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-462-1198